google.com, pub-8694186777780375, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Jesus Stalker: Do I Harass Your Faith by Following Jesus Around Like This?

Pages

Monday, December 10, 2018

Do I Harass Your Faith by Following Jesus Around Like This?

imdb.com
Originally, stalking means harassing someone by secretly following him. I'm a Jesus "stalker" because I follow him around the Gospel, watching him closely as I remain hidden in the background (as if secretly), and when I tell people what I see they think I'm harassing their faith. So in this sense, I'm a Jesus stalker.

I love following Jesus around. I see other aspects of him---his Kingdom profile seen only by a few who stubbornly seek him, encroaching on his privacy even when it's forbidden by the religious, and then share what I discover. I used to share it solely through my group bible studies and books, but now I do it by blogging.

It says the Word is eternal. And Jesus is the Word. I want to see how his features are endless or eternal. I heard somewhere that Jesus always has new aspects to reveal each time you look at him. "They are new every morning," and the angels, elders and the redeemed in heaven never stop to bow down and worship him, saying, "Holy, holy, holy!" They always catch a new glory on him each time they look and so never run out of new songs to sing.

I thought I knew Jesus after being born again and serving him well in our campus ministry and studiously searching Scriptures daily, especially when I became full-time pastor of a church. But I was wrong. So I went on finding ways to see more of him until I learned how you can actually "stalk" Jesus in Scriptures, follow him closely without being noticed by others. You can actually go inside the Gospel and live there, seeing Jesus and other bible characters in actuality---be part of it all and yet outside of it. A real Jesus stalker.

Here's another discovery---you can stalk him more when you're not in church. So I started doing secular work since then, though today I'm just into blogging and e-book writing---well, still somewhat "secular," in a sense. Yes, you find Jesus more easily when you're outside the church, especially if the church is peopled with unbelieving religious folks. That again is another discovery.

You see Jesus in church, too, especially if the church is dead serious about him---because lots of churches are just serious with church, church the way man prefers it (or has wrecked it)---they make church so disconnected and distant from him. I'm often in some pastors' meeting where you hear about everything except Jesus. They love talking about ministry but not Jesus. You cannot be a Jesus stalker like that.

God won't let you get inside to catch eye-witness accounts if all you do is your "ministry" and fill your heart with concerns about it. Pastors have lots of "ministry concerns" and they think it sounds spiritual. Nope, it sounds very mundane. To be a genuine Jesus stalker, you have to relax and be free to roam around to enjoy Jesus' surroundings. You have to rest a lot in God and walk with him as Enoch did for 300 years.

A Jesus stalker "wastes" a lot of time "doing nothing," like Mary did. She just sat at Jesus' feet and enjoyed listening to him. She "wasted" time in that. Martha protested and bragged about her full-time ministry for Jesus. Well, we know the rest of the story. Mary was commended for being a mere Jesus stalker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Going the Other Way

A law expert came to Jesus asking about going to heaven. Surprisingly, (at least to me it is) Jesus didn't mention anything about receiv...